In the month of January 2007, the plan to visit Mirik suddenly came out when we found no tatkal ticket is available withing next 3 days for Kolkata from Siliguri. Never mind - we simply took our bag and came to Siliguri Bus stand. We planned to visit Mirik which is just 55 km away. It was almost 2'o clock noon. After having some lunch from Bus stand, we took our seat in Bus among the localities. At around 6 we reached Mirik. That was my second time in Mirik. A local people guided us and took us in the Hotel Sadbhawana. Reception was not decorated too much - but rooms are nice and spacious. They charged only 300/- per day. May be due to off season - they charged less. It was chilling cold that time. They arrange hot waters; Food , ambiance cleanness - everything was perfect. We really passed 2 days in leisure.
1. Hotel location. It has wonderful greenary around the hotel. Lake was just 5 mints walking from hotel.
2. Room size. Really spacious.
3. First floor rooms are really romantic. You can spend hours after hours by sitting at window.
4. Food is perfect. Order Chinese items.
1. Room service was slow
2. No restaurants was there inside hotel. But they were building it