Umaster on 15 Oct 2012
Awesome experience - Surjivan
Me and my fiance had an excellent experience at Surjivan. We r indeed touched with the beauty, services, environment etc of the resort. One must visit the same to enjoy the originality and simplicity of the culture n heritage view of the resort. Great Servicewith wonderful food.
Visit the Ramakrishna Mission just below the Ramakrishna Ashrama Marg metro train station. The ambience of the ashrama or monastery is soothing, clean and peaceful. And when one sits in the temple dedicated to Sri Ramakrishna especially during the morning worship time or after the evening vesper services (aarati), the mind gets absorbed even if a little in the Self and one feels rested, refreshed and buoyant. But for that to happen you need to sit there for at least 20 to 25 minutes as the tan matras of the shrine gradually seeps into your body, mind and soul. And if you are gregarious, or seek immediate advice, meet the Secretary monk Swami Shantatmananda, a dynamic selfless person, taking prior appointment. I personally chose generally not to meet anyone, just go and sit quietly in the temple, get my psycho-somatic plus soul battery charged and come back browsing through new arrivals at the sales counter oft times.
Then there is the Ramana Kendra near the now famous Shirdi Sai Baba temple at Lodhi Road. Ramana''s eyes are bewitchingly beautiful, captivating, deep and compassionate. Just sit near his photograph and gaze quietly into those eyes and have your own personal experience.
For shopping - do visit Lajpat Nagar Market for all kinds of branded and unbranded clothes... good variety and deals there
Do try Shyam Bathure wala opposite Jwala Heri Market in Paschim Vihar in case you happen to be in the West Delhi area. Amazing stuff!
Crazy about brands, cool markets, malls, movies and food. Rajouri Garden, is the place to be, travel by metro, shop at the coolest malls, watch movies, or do a window shopping in the desi market having a wide range of varieties. Enjoy the mouth watering west Delhi chat papri or yummilicious heavy chole bhature at Param di hatti, or just get exotic with the restro bars and splendid range of sophisticated restaurants.
1. Craving for lip smacking Chola bhaturas and kulfi, then Karol Bagh is the place to be.
2. Bhel puri, sev puri and juice.. South Extension is your one stop shop.
3. Hungry at midnight and nowhere to go... Comesum, Nizamuddin (railway station) is where you should head to.
1. Head to Sarojini Nagar for ultra hip clothes and accessories and dirt cheap price.
Hanisha on 25 Jan 2011
King Kulche at Sarojini Market has awesome Amritsari Kulche... (If you're taking the Ring Road, with the Hyatt hotel to your right, take the first left after Africa Avenue flyover).... Amritsar comes to Delhi :)
दिलवालों के शहर Delhi में खाने के बहुत options है:
- अगर आप नेताजी सुभाष प्लेस के पास है तो आप bittoo tikki wale की tikki try कर सकते है|
- अगर आप Delhi University में हो तो आप वहा की famous भेल पूरी try कर सकते है|
- कमला नगर मार्केट में छोले भठूरे try करने तो बनते है लेकिन लंच टाइम से पहले|
- शंकर मार्केट के राजमा चावल is a very good option.
- अगर आपको non-veg, खाना है तो चांदनी चौक में करीम, new friends colony में अल बेक और अमर colony का famous शावार्मा |
aseem on 19 Jan 2011
Palika Bazaar is an underground market in CP area, you need to bargain well to get a good deal there.